All talks can be tailored in both time and content to suit audience requirements. If you would like another specific topic covered not listed below please make a request using our contact form.
The summary of talks are:
- Road Safety for Seniors – Kent Focus Group: The Background.
- Road Safety for Seniors – An Introduction: Facts and Figures.
- Road Safety for Seniors – A General Overview; raising awareness for all.
- Road Safety for Seniors – Partners and Agencies; highlighting the issues for those working with senior groups or individuals.
- Road Safety for Seniors – Hub 1 and 2 approach: Networking with partners.
- Road Safety for Seniors – Mobility Scooters; a comprehensive overview.
- Road Safety for seniors – Mobility Scooters: Choosing and Using.
- Road Safety for Seniors – About Medical Conditions including Dementia.
- Road Safety for Seniors – Emergency; how to plan for and deal with emergencies.
- Road Safety for Seniors – The Right Car; choice of car can be important for seniors.
- Road Safety for Seniors – The Highway Code ‘Then and Now’; a lighter nostalgic look at road safety.
- Dementia Friends – Dementia Awareness; a session raising awareness and giving understanding to help those living with dementia.
- Short Videos – “Still Safe to Drive”, a useful compilation of short videos around different aspects of senior driving and road safety; courtesy of GEM Motoring Assist. Additionally there are some informative videos about using mobility scooters providing essential knowledge particularly to new ‘users’, and recently added an important video titled ‘Helping emergency services find missing vulnerable people FAST’ – elderly people can be prone to wander and in doing so be at particular risk on the roads.
- Driver Assessments – Kent Focus Group will be both promoting and supporting “Driver Assessments” by GEM Motoring Assist, IAM Roadsmart, RoSPA and similarly ADI’S (approved driving instructors) offering similar refresher sessions for seniors.
At events we can provide a static display with a number of publications as well as information booklets covering senior driving and road safety from sources like Independent Age, Age UK and GEM Motoring Assist.
Staff will be on hand to advise and answer any questions relating to senior road safety. At suitable venues we can offer both theory and practical mobility scooter sessions.